Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

I just got my puppy 2 days ago. She is 8 weeks old and

Customer Question

I just got my puppy 2 days ago. She is 8 weeks old and yesterday i saw a roundworm in her stool. It was only one. Her stomach is bloated and she farts alot. Always hungry and sleeping all day. Rarely drinks. What should i do.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. I bet she's pretty darn cute. The best thing I can recommend is to get her to your vet for a new puppy wellness exam / check over. Your vet can do a good physical exam on her to make sure she's healthy with her heart and rest of her systems. Ear mites and fleas may also be an issue here that needs addressed. They can set up her vaccine schedule and also set up her dewormings. It is very common to have round worms as a puppy and it will take a couple dewormings to get rid of them. They typically do one an oral medication at each of the vaccine appointments and then check a stool at the end to see if they are resolved.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Here is a very good link explaining the complex life cycle of the round worm that I like owners to have. It helps them to better understand what this organism is that they are seeing.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=476