Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My do mouth is bleeding. What do i do.i was at the park and

Customer Question

My do mouth is bleeding. What do i do.i was at the park and turned away. She was killing a rat after her mouth was bleeding
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 12 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is a little difficult to understand your description- are you saying your dog was killing a rat and afterwards her mouth started bleeding?

Expert:  Jess K replied 12 months ago.

Hello, are you online to discuss your dog?

Expert:  Jess K replied 12 months ago.

it appears you are not online so I will opt out of your question so someone else may answer it when you are available.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 12 months ago.

I'll follow up for Dr. Jess for you. Find where the bleeding is coming from and thoroughly wash the wound with over the counter chlorhexidine (Hebiclens) available at your local pharmacy. If the wound is inside Midnight's mouth, there's little for you to do but have her vet take a look at her at your earliest convenience. In either event, her vet should evaluate her and if bite wound punctures are seen, a broad spectrum antibiotic should be prescribed lest the wound abscess. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish. I have to leave my computer for the night but promise to reply in the morning if need be.