Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

One of my little dogs ate a small packet of salt. Will it

Customer Question

One of my little dogs ate a small packet of salt. Will it hurt her??
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both tonight!

Luckily salt in small amounts will induce vomiting and nothing else. I would withhold any treats tonight and water only in moderation (small amounts) but if she is continuing to vomit please remove the water as well tonight

Tomorrow small frequent bland meals of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken but I suspect she will be back to normal by morning :)

Please let me know any additional questions I can assist with. I am online another 15 minutes tonight to assist you both

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how are your girls doing tonight? Did the vomiting subside? I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!