Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog just ate rat poison how can i make it volmit

Customer Question

my dog just ate rat poison how can i make it volmit
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

If your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

If there is no vomiting then please consider a veterinary er to give stronger medications to induce vomiting such as apomorphine.

I would definitely still advise bringing the packaging to your veterinarian regardless in the morning to begin appropriate preventative care for him. Even if he seems to vomit everything he should be started on Vitamin K if this is an anticoagulant type of rodenticide that requires this therapy.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. I hope you were able to induce vomiting with Rocko...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! I am online another 20 minutes this evening if I can be of any further assistance...

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!