Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have a Black Lab that seems to have allergies and she

Customer Question

We have a Black Lab that seems to have allergies and she spends most od her time chewing on her feet and her body. She doesn't have any sores or anything. We just think its allergies with the leaves on the ground. She is ten years old and has suffer for quite a few years now. Our vet really hasn't given us any ideas. Can you help?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How is the rest of the skin?

2- Any sores or irritation on her paws?

3- How much does she weigh?

4- How many milligrams of benadryl are you giving and how often?

5- What are you feeding her?

6- Besides benadryl, is she on any other medications?

7- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seem fine. No sores or irritations on her paws. She weighs about 85 lbs. 5ml. once a day. We feed her a grain free food we purchase at Tractor Supply. No other meds. She does has fatty tumors on her body, but our vet says they are ok as long as they don't bother her. She is a happy dog and still loves to play ball or fetch a stick.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me how many milligrams of benadryl (diphenhydramine) are in each mls? (see label)