Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog has been shaking her body a lot recently. I keep her

Customer Question

My dog has been shaking her body a lot recently. I keep her up to date on her monthly heartworm and anti-flea medications so I don't believe that she has fleas. What could be causing her to shake her body so much?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

THis shaking on such a young dog could indicate that Bailey is cold or that she is in some form of pain. Even being young, Bailey may have been injured in some way that yu may not be aware of. The first thing to do is to give Bailey aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 2-3 days. If this helps than you know that she is in pain and the aspirin is decreasing the inflammation causing her distress. If this does not help, it could be pain from a digestive disturbance that may respond to a couple days of rice and boiled chicken. This is a bland diet that will calm down her digestive tract. Certainly, if this continues, have your vet examine sweet Bailey to know for sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 12 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bailey. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta