Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

MY lab has been yelping in pain week, he looks as if he is

Customer Question

MY lab has been yelping in pain for a week , he looks as if he is having a seizure. I took him to our vet she put him on steroids, antibotics, phenabartiol, today he started staring at the wall, I scared , I lost my husband last janurary, and i'm on a fixed income, he is only 6 yrs old
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Buddy's condition....I know this is frightening.

Since he has not responded to the medications, further diagnostics will have to be done. I say this because these are typical neurologic symptoms that could be an Encephalitis which is an infection of the spinal cord or Central Nervous system or a brain lesion or tumor that can only be diagnosed with an MRI. I feel so bad for you since you have already lost someone close to you and now your best friend Buddy is having serious issues.

First have your vet run blood work since liver disease and other metabolic problems can cause tehse types of symptoms. If this has been ruled out, further testing should be done by a neurologist to find the cause for sweet Buddies condition. This appears to e very serious and only testing will tell you for sure how best to help your best friend.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****