Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is fussy with her food will vomit with raw meat, but

Customer Question

Hi, my dog is fussy with her food will vomit with raw meat, but loves cooked chicken, but now won,t eat that. When we go for a walk she constantly looks for a grass and eats a lot of it, does she need an antacid? Robyn
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Hello & welcome, Robyn. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Based on Chock's signs, it does sound like her vomiting, grass eating, and appetite loss are due to nausea. As long as she hasn't eaten something non-edible or harmful, then you can try her with an antacid to soothe her nausea. Common OTC pet safe options we could use here include:

*Pepcid (MoreInfo/Dose @http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid)
*Zantac (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/ranitidine-hcl-zantac)

* Tagamet (More Info/Dose Here @http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/cimetidine-hcl-tagamet)
Whichever you use, you would want to give this 20 minutes before food and then can offer small meals of cooked chicken and rice. As well, if she is being fussy and only eating non-commercial/balanced food, a dog vitamin would also be ideal here. And once she is more settled, you can try weaning her back to her normal diet.

Of course, if she remains too nauseous despite this, then we'd want a check with her vet so that injectable anti-nausea medication can be used and they can just determine if she has a brewing infection that needs treating to get her back to normal for you.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
very happy thankyou, just one more question she also licks her anus a lot and I worm her regularly what could be the problem?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

Licking her anus nor worming her regularly should cause these signs for her at all. We'd more concerned if she actively had worms or was licking other dog's (since they'd carry other bacterial agents from her).

All the best,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Chock. How is everything going?
nekovet
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi I had to take her to the vet ,it turned out that she developed a reaction to her prescribed food, she is much better now back to her happy self . regards Robyn
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the update Robyn,

The poor love! Still I am glad to hear that they've addressed that for her and that she is back to feeling like herself.

Take care,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the update Robyn,

Take care,

Dr. B.