Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our 6 day old puppy has a swollen eye... we learned on-line

Customer Question

our 6 day old puppy has a swollen eye... we learned on-line that we should open it immediately, but we can't and we don't want to hurt her... what else can we do until we can take her to the vet in the am?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Do her lids seem swollen?

Any discharge? What color?

Any history of trauma or any possible insect sting?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket,Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.