Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a 2 year old french bulldog just ate more than 10 pcs

Customer Question

i have a 2 year old french bulldog just ate more than 10 pcs of the madeleines (butter cookies) should I be concern?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 12 months ago.

Hello Kelly,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Kelly

I have worked out an answer for you ...

1. Good news, Reese should be just fine. I have just read through the typical ingredient list for Madeleines cookies and there is nothing there toxic to dogs, so no problem there and no special measures you need take in this sort of situation.

2. However it is possible that you may see a mild transient bout of vomiting and/or diarrhoea or perhaps some mild indigestion following this incident purely because of the sudden intake of an unusual rich food source for your dog. Many dogs have quite weak stomachs you see, however if this sort of thing does happen it is not likely to be much of a problem and will very often correct itself without any intervention.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Kelly,

I am just checking back in to see how Reese is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Madeleines cookies ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Reese. How is everything going?