Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog ingested some glitter and elmer's glue? amount but

Customer Question

my dog ingested some glitter and elmer's glue ? amount but prob less than 4-6 oz, is a 80 pound retriever. I gave hydrogen peroxide and within 2 hours and he vomited some up, mostly phylgem. he has walked, eaten and pooped since then. should i be worried?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this......The glitter will likely pass.....and the glue is not toxic.....but what you need to be concerned about is the fact that the glue can harden in the stomach and cause an intestinal obstruction and that is potentially every serious. I would strongly recommend that you take your dog to the ER tonight especially since he did not vomit up anything to speak of. That is enough glue to cause a problem. There is noway you can treat this at home. I hope this helps you. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance. Sincerely, DRB