Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Luckily this product is not toxic to her, it might cause stomach upset for 24 hours such as vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, reduced appetite but I can assist in reducing these symptoms. They are even less likely since she only ingested a small amount of the product- Feed a bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken for a few days- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg /pound every 12 hours to help settle hers stomachBut in my experience there is little to no side effects from this ingestion and it is not toxic to her organ functionI hope this makes sense but please let me know if I can be of any further assistance today!
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I apologize, I was about to send when you noted a live phone call request. I am sorry I cannot help with a phone call. The states/province I am licensed in do not allow me to communicate via phone calls, unless I have previously physically examined a pet. I could lose my license for doing so. If you would like I can opt out and see if there is another veterinarian that can make calls.
Are you able to see my responses? If I send the question to customer service you will not be able to see my responses or respond either and I hate that you are driving to the er without knowing that this is not toxic to your dog...