DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My dog has had diarrea days and is loosing weight, is tired,

Customer Question

my dog has had diarrea for 3 days and is loosing weight, is tired, will drink water and eat. I have tried rice and eggs with a little carrot and banana to bind him up it has not helped.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. Im sorry to hear that Chipper is not feeling well. You can try switching to human chicken baby food. Give only a few tablespoons every 3 hours. Give Pepto Bismol- 1.5 teaspoons twice per day for a Lhasa..Im assuming about 10 lbs. No carrot or banana or other treats. If the diarrhea continues despite this treatment, you need to take him in to see a vet as it might be something more complicated than just some upset GI tract. I hope this helps. Take care.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Chipper. How is everything going?
DrMelJ