Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog just ate a 250 magnesium supplement. She is a 21

Customer Question

my dog just ate a 250 magnesium supplement. She is a 21 pound terrier.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago did she eat this?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
20 minutes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
She seems fine......
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Thank you,

Now if she only had one of these tablets, then this is not a major worry for her. It is quite a small dose and would only be expected to cause stomach upset and lethargy if any issue at all. It is at high doses we can see wobbliness, muscle weakness, and collapse.

Therefore, in this case, we could choose to induce vomiting or treat with activated charcoal (which I am happy to discuss) but really we need only monitor her at this point. And if we did see any stomach upset, we could put her on a light diet (ie rice with boiled chicken, white fish, etc) to offset that for the next few days. But again this is a small dose for her size and its unlikely to cause any issue for her.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet