Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 2 yr old Cavlier is limping and I wonder if there is

Customer Question

My 2 yr old King Charles Cavlier is limping and I wonder if there is anything I can give her for pain?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now if Taffy is only mildly limping (not dragging the leg or unable to put it down, etc) and has had no history of trauma; then you can try her on a low dose of buffered Aspirin (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/acetylsalicylic-acid-aspirin). This must be given with or after food but is a mild pain relief option that we can use in dogs. Of course, if she has any known health issues, is on any medication already, or doesn't respond to this treatment over 24 hours; then we'd want to speak to her vet as she may need a stronger dog safe pain relief option (ie Metacam, Onsior., Rimadyl,etc) to settle this for her.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Debbie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Taffy. How is everything going?
nekovet