Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My cavalier spaniel ate an entire bag on lindt chocolate

Customer Question

Hi, My cavalier king charles spaniel ate an entire bag on lindt chocolate truffles while my husband and I were out for dinner. My guess is that it was consumed aprox. 2 hours ago. She is 6 years old and has a grade two heart murmur and was spayed Oct.
30 due to pyometra (we didn't know she had it for sure until the operation. She is sleeping now and other wise acting normal. No vomiting or diarrhea. Should I induce vomiting or just wait it out? She weights about 20lbs. Thank you, Bayli
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you at the time you posted your question. Still, if you would like some aid in this situation, can you tell me how much Gracee weighs and the amount of truffles she ate? Where they milk or dark chocolate?