Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Tad My name is ***** ***** and my 13 dog Zoe has swollen

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Dr Tad My name is ***** ***** and my 13 dog Zoe has swollen gums on the upper left and right rear of her mouth
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is over about 3 to 4 rear teeth on both sides. Just discovered it today. The girl seems healthy and has now bloating or swelling any where else. She allows me to touch it and the gums feel hard
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Would you be able to provide photos of Zoe's mouth with the paperclip on your screen for my review?

If it is on both sides then likely this is gingival hyperplasia or dental disease as a cause that can be addressed and followed up with by your veterinarian on Monday but I would be happy to evaluate a photo of one or both sides when you are able

Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I apologize if you are having issues with the site. I am online another hour tonight if you are able to enter and give me additional information, possibly including photos

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not happy with the site. I am trying to ensure I did not sign up for a membership. It was not clear to me how this site works.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I can send the question to customer service if you like. I see no indication you are a member...Before I forward the question would you like me to attempt to assist you and Zoe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. Have a great evening.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

OK, I will forward the question then. My apologies for any issues you have had tonight. Once the question is sent to customer service I will not be able to view the question for the rest of the evening so please do not reply again. Good luck to you both