Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dame is ***** ***** and i believe my sons dog ate

Customer Question

Customer: my dame is ***** ***** and i believe my sons dog ate mushrooms that grew on the tree he was tied out to
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes the dog is constatnt drooling he is very scared nonresponsive to his name he acts like he is
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: cant get slose to him he runs and growls
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Because of the difficulty in differentiating between toxic and nontoxic mushrooms, any ingestion of unidentifed mushrooms by dogs should prompt decontamination procedures (emesis, activated charcoal, etc.). There are seven main symptom-related classifications of mushrooms - many of which can cause the symptoms you've mentioned. May I have an update on your son's dog, please?