Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My cat squinty eye, I went to the vet has not corneal

Customer Question

My cat squinty eye , I went to the vet has not corneal demage , but I want to hear your opinion if I can apply any eye drops
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

There's certainly evidence of blepherospasm (squinting) of the left eye. If not corneal damage, what was found upon exam - conjunctivitis, uveitis (inflammation of the iris and its attachements), increased intraocular eye pressure? Something is hurting Daisy!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you got her picture

I did and I responded above your last post. I'm concerned that a diagnosis wasn't made because Daisy is in pain.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctor did not see Her eye with The ophthalmoscope just stain her eye , after stain the eye is worse , she did not know what is wrong

Ugh. Daisy didn't receive the standard of care. A complete exam with an ophthalmoscope and measurement of her intraocular pressure is essential. You can't know how to treat Daisy until you know what's wrong. If the vet can't or is unwilling to examine the eye properly, please find a vet who will. You can even see a specialist veterinary ophthlalmologist (please see here: www.acvo.org) but that shouldn't be necessary.

Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had surgery yesterday hairballs in her stomach , she is taking buprenex , her eyes are wide do you think this buprenex can affected the diagnostic with other vet false diagnostic?

I would expect miosis - smaller than normal pupils with buprenorphine. No, that drug shouldn't interfere with corneal testing. Unless Daisy remisses unaided, a Schirmer tear test (to see if she's producing adequate amounts of tears), intraocular pressure assessment, and exam with an ophthalmoscope should be performed.

I have to leave my computer for the night but I promise to reply in the morning if need be. In fact, I'd like to know how that eye looks in the morning.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Daisy. How is everything going?