Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Will it hurt my dog to lick some rosemary mint?

Customer Question

Will it hurt my dog to lick some rosemary mint lotion?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello Terri

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ,thank you for your help in advance, please know that I had him drink some milk

Hello again Terri,

I have worked out an answer for you ...

1. I have checked out the typical ingredient list online. As long as it was only a few licks then I would doubt very much that this will cause your dog any harm. You may perhaps see a mild transient bout of vomiting and/or diarrhoea but that's about it. There is nothing special you need do in this sort of situation but the milk may well help settle his stomach.

2. Of course if more serious symptoms do occur then you should have your dog checked over by a vet without delay, but this would be unlikely.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Terri

I am just checking back in to see how your Yorke is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Rosemary Mint lotion.

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.