Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

My dog is 8 and a half lbs and I think she ate most of a

Customer Question

My dog is 8 and a half lbs and I think she ate most of a Hershey kiss plus foil! How much chocolate is it safe for her to ingest? This happened abpot 3 hours ago
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help. Are you sure she only ate one kiss? How is she acting now? Does she have any medical conditions or take any medications?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is sleeping I gave her a pain liquid from her dr as she was having a seizure or something not diagnosed that lasts a few seconds several times a week. She has a heart murmur and trachea collapse cough. she takes elloquil ? and theophyline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ke nowshe is awa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is awake now

Thank you for the information. She should be fine. One chocolate kiss is highly unlikely to cause any problems and she would have shown symptoms by now. The foil should pass through her system without any problems but she may have a little loose stool in the next day or so. Watch for vomiting and diarrhea and if that occurs then have her seen. If you have more questions please reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank ypu

You are welcome. Good night.