Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I am trying to help out a senior couple on a very limited

Customer Question

Customer: I am trying to help out a senior couple on a very limited fixed income afford the 2 medications their dog needs.... Tussigon and Theophylline. Right now, they are paying $158 for a month and a half. Also, can the Tussigon be obtained at a human pharmacy?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Chloe is a 10 yr old Chihuahua and was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with a clasped trachea. She is in excellent health except for that. i will pay for this information but kinda urgent needing the meds
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Yes, both Tussigon (hydrocodone) and theophylline are human drugs available by prescription at a human pharmacy. Chloe's vet can write a script for these drugs which can be taken to Costco or Walmart for significant savings. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?