Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

How will I know if my dog is pregnant

Customer Question

Hi How will I know if my dog is pregnant
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now there are several ways to diagnose pregnancy in the dog. In regards ***** ***** so at home, you would need to keep an eye out for weight gain and nipple development (enlargement/increased pinkness) appearing after 4-5 weeks post mating. Otherwise, in regards ***** ***** definitive means, your vet does have a few different options to help you. The most common is abdominal palpation and pregnancies can usually be felt after day 28. Otherwise, your vet can check the uterus for fetuses using their ultrasound. That usually can be of benefit 25 days into the pregnancy. Otherwise, if we need to know a bit sooner, testing the levels of Relaxin your dog is producing is an option 22 days after mating.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns,please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I canto provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)