Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 9 year old Pug terrier mix is constantly drinking, has

Customer Question

Customer: My Name is Rob. My 9 year old Pug terrier mix is constantly drinking, has had a diarrhea episode and will not eat. Takes in so much that she is also dry heaving with occasional spit up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is not very active, very slow going and hides under an open trailer when outside. does not come in I have to coax her. She refuses food.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

I'm Dr. Bryant. I have been a small animal veterinarian (dogs & cats only) for over 11 years. I'm sorry to hear about your Pug mix. There are so many diagnoses that this type of behavior could fall under. First, let me ask you a couple of questions:

Has she also been urinating a lot (since she is drinking so much)?

How long has this been going on?

Tell me more about her eating habits -- Did she go through a period when she was eating ravenously and now has stopped eating? How long has her appetite been down? What food have you offered her?

I look forward to hearing back from you so we can discuss this further.