Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Reading your diagnosis of a similar problem - dog eating

Customer Question

Reading your diagnosis of a similar problem - dog eating snow and acting stressed, probably due to a sticky burr that he pulled out of his own hair and swallowed. He has thrown up three times now, which included snow, burrs, and some dog food. He is wheezing a little, which is not normal and worries us.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

You have done all the right things but it also will help to feed Odin some bread and some oil to help cover the possible burr so it ca slide through. It is not unusual for this vomiting and wheezing since, during this process, some fluid can leak into the windpipe or trachea causing a possible aspiration pneumonia. If Odin conitnues this, it is best to have your vet examine him since the obstruction may require surgery to remove this foreign body.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Odin. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta