Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My small dog has yellow scaley skin and some spots of sores

Customer Question

My small dog has yellow scaley skin and some spots of sores with blood.We don't think there's any fleas but more like flea bites. We went through his fur and scraped the layers of blood like patches and just finished bathing him again.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long have these been present?

Is Ollie itching with this?

What was in the medicated ointment? What flea treatment did you use?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paperclip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.