Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate pork bones 3 days ago. since then she wont eat

Customer Question

my dog ate pork bones 3 days ago. since then she wont eat drink water, and sqeels with pain if I try to pick her up. I took her to an animal hospital yesterday, they xrayed her and showed me that the bone fragments have gone to her colon, but she still hasn't gone. I wakled her this am , no luck.
what do
I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm very sorry to hear about Molley's situation. I've seen similar cases at my ER where bone ingestion has caused fecal impaction. Basially the bone has caused the stools to become hard like concrete with points pushing out of it that are extremely irritating to painful to try and pass. Those situations that I treated needed to be hospitalized for intermittent enema to help soften / break up the stools so they could pass.