Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog is wining, won't leave my side, stomach is hard.

Customer Question

My dog is wining, won't leave my side, stomach is hard. could he be constaped.he has never done this before. he is about 8 yrs.old.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Sorry to hear Shadow is not feeling well...May I ask if the stomach is also swollen? Has he been trying to vomit without success or is vomiting?

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I apologize if you are having difficulties with the site. I am online another 10 minutes before exiting for the evening but my primary concern is bloat or GDV, CLICK HERE for more information...

Recommend a veterinary er if any of the symptoms below are seen:

- Gums are pale, yellow, brick red and sticky indicating dehydration
- Vomiting or diarrhea with blood in it
- Increased lethargy or difficulty getting comfortable
- Swollen abdomen
- Respiratory rate > 60 while at rest
- Temperature rectally <99 or >103.5
- No interest in food for 24+ hours
- No urination for 12+ hours
- Trembling without resolution for more than an hour
- Productive coughing
- Taking a "play bow" or what looks like a downward dog position which is abdominal distress

I truly hope Shadow is doing better and not showing any more alarming symptoms listed above. My thoughts are with you and again I apologize if I missed you or if you are having difficulties with the site

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I wanted to check in on you and Shadow after you asked your question last night? Was he able to settle down? I would love an update when you are able...

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you and I apologize once again for any issues with the site. You are welcome to type in any issues you had so I can send the question to customer service...