Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

I fed dog some corn. Today he is having trouble with s but.

Customer Question

I fed dog some corn. Today he is having trouble with his but. He keeps dragging on the floor. I cleaned with a wiping tissue and some some rust color. He cannot reach it to lick it. He also seems to be bloated, I gave him some Pepto Bismal. Is this anything serious, he is over weight but have been feeding him less?????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Chief.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had lots of dogs, one had a serious problem that needed stomach surgery, but have never had one bleed from the rectum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to take him to vet???
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Right... it's always worrisome to see this.

(typing more)

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

That's going to be the best way to get to the bottom of this, yes. There are a variety of problems that can cause these symptoms, and some of them are serious. Because of that, it's best to take a "better safe than sorry" approach and have him seen sooner rather than later.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Even if it turns out to be something simple, he'll be grateful to get some appropriate treatment (and relief) as quickly as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Does this help to answer your question today? I want to be as helpful as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Please remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.

If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.

If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.

Thank you for using our website.

(rating option enabled)

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to ask how Chief is doing.

Thank you,

Dr. Jo