Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think my dog is having a seizure he is experiencing

Customer Question

I think my dog is having a seizure he is experiencing confusion and temporary blindness. This happened this am at 6am and I found him crawling around the house the. He calmed down and was find the rest of the day
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I give him a 5 mg valuim to calm him down. He weighs over 100lbs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to see ER vet he seems to be calming down I have a themometer that you use on the forehead how can I tell if Hejaz a fever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Barbara, and I'll be happy to help you and T-Bone today.

Certainly sounds like T-Bone did have a seizure, and I think you are reporting he is having another seizure? Is this still the case for him?

The danger of a seizure is elevated body temperature when the seizure is more than a few minutes (as you know). A forehead thermometer wouldn't work on a dog because of the fur. If you have an oral thermometer you can use that rectally in a dog. Lubricate it with Vaseline, KY, butter. . .anything slippery, insert it about 2 inches and wait 60 seconds.