Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My small dog ripped up a diaper not sure how much she may

Customer Question

My small dog ripped up a diaper not sure how much she may have eaten. She drank some milk right after. Should I give her a lax also
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog ate a diaper. How long ago did she eat the diaper?

Your best bet is trying to make her vomit this evening so that she brings up as much of the diaper as possible.

I recommend giving her 1-2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide by mouth. This should make her vomit in about 5-10 minutes. The more she brings up the better. You will be able to tell if she ate any because there will be remnants in the vomit. My concern with leaving it in her stomach is that it could cause a blockage further down the intestines.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had her heart meds prior to the diaper I think will the cone up also it all happened around 40 minutes ago
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I would still induce vomiting because she is much more at risk from obstruction than she is from absorbing only some of her heart medications.

Medications are very quickly absorbed through the stomach and intestines (usually less than 30 minutes) so she likely already absorbed most of her medications already.

Dr. A

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

How is Annie doing this morning? Any problems after eating the diaper? Were you able to make her vomit?

Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda