Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My golden reteriver has an eye infection I have taken her to

Customer Question

my golden reteriver has an eye infection I have taken her to a vet he gave her a shot and some I suave she was better yesterday I had to take her back to have her ck.the pressure was down to normal and she was feeling better now to day she is back to square one is I have already spent 200.00 dollars onher I can't afford this is there anything I can do for her at home?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It depends on what the infection is....if there is not a corneal ulcer, then you would be using an antibiotic creme into the eye and possibly a steroid creme. If you still have this creme, continue this and apply a warm compress to the eye every 4-6 hrs to help draw the infection to the outside. It will also help to give Majix aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs to decrease pain along with the eye treatments.

If this is Glaucoma, then your vet will need to recheck pressures to know if the treatment is working but you said it was an eye infection and this should be easy to resolve. Sometimes, with treatments, the eye can look worse before it gets better.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Elaine,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Majix. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta