Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

You wanted to see the pic of the ball that my chihuahua has

Customer Question

You wanted to see the pic of the ball that my chihuahua has yes the vet made a small cut to drain but nothing came out
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! Oh my, that's neither a lymph node nor salivary gland. A foreign body abscess perhaps? A cancer would be very unlikely in that area and at Sirenita's age. Do you know if a sample of the insides of that ball were submitted to our pathologist?

Be sure to tell [email protected] that you opened up another question so you won't be charged twice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sample was taken. This happened from one night that sirenita ate a chicken bone. Next morning she had this. What can I do I hate to think it hurts her even though she looks strong
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do please?

I would consider that a chicken bone penetrated her throat/esophagus and is now lying within that lump which will need to be surgically explored. This is a tricky area in which to perform surgery and so Sirenita's vet might refer Sirenita to a specialist surgeon.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sirenita. How is everything going?