Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have an 8 yr old ridgeback and we are trying to figure out

Customer Question

Customer: I have an 8 yr old ridgeback and we are trying to figure out what his ailing him He got into our open trash can yesterday afternoon. This morning he started whimpering, shaking, ears are back, tail between his legs and obviously in discomfort. He got into the trash two weeks ago and presented with the same symptoms about 12 hours later. We brought him to the vet and they said it wasn't anything GI . . . it was his back. We went home on Tylenol and muscle relaxants for a few days and his symptoms improved greatly. We started the same med regimen this morning. He won't eat his dinner (never happens) and won't even eat rice in chicken broth.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I ran with him yesterday 1.5 miles. Ran with him today 1 mile. I ran with him prior to the episode a few weeks ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Are you still looking for a response for your question? Can you tell me exactly what the prescription for Tylenol says? This is not just regular Tylenol, is it? How much does your dog weigh?

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

I see your are not online, and I am going offline, so I will opt out so that another expert can help you when you get back online.