Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My chihuahua has a large ball by her neck I took her to the

Customer Question

My chihuahua has a large ball by her neck I took her to the vet and supposbly they made a cut to drain but her skin looks clean no liquid came out
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that once it was determined that that "large ball" couldn't be drained, a needle aspirate was performed and the aspirate sent off to our pathologist to be examined for its cellular content. I don't know where the ball was situated but in most cases we're trying to differentiate lymph nodes from salivary glands in the neck area and then seeing which of the many disorders that can affect those nodes and glands is present. Can you upload a photo of the "ball" to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sirenita. How is everything going?