Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We took our dog to the groomers and the groomer said the dog

Customer Question

We took our dog to the groomers and the groomer said the dog started hyperventilating for several minutes, to the point of her eyes bulging out. She's always done this snorting/hyperventilating thing when she gets excited, but this seemed like it was a
serious issue. The groomer also said her lymph nodes felt swelled, and we've noticed her stool has been loose recently. Not sure if they we're just over-reacting or if there is something we can do to help her.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Lexi.

(typing more)

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Rest assured this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening. Some dogs can end up getting seriously (like life-threateningly) worked up in some situations, and when a dog is ill, it can be even worse. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You've brought up a couple of concerns I'd like to discuss with you further.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not online and available to discuss your question about your dog. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question is available to other experts when you return online.

Thank you, ***** ***** of luck to you and your dog.