Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

We are fostering a German Shepard mix she was found on the

Customer Question

We are fostering a German Shepard mix she was found on the side of the road and got spade today. But she is breathing in very short and quick bursts while awake, resting, and asleep. I've never seen this so just making everything is ok. Thank you!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

THis reaction is not unusual right after this procedure. Your vet may not have given any pain meds and if they did not, give Brooklyn aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs for a couple days.This will relieve her pain and inflammation to get her past this. This breathing pattern indicates pain so keep her as quiet as possible until she feels better.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****