Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My sons golden doodle got into their garbage last week and

Customer Question

My sons golden doodle got into their garbage last week and after X-rays last night the vet told him that their 5 year old dog has cancer through his whole body. Is it possible that the expats are showing something he might have gotten from the garbage? Please respond my son 's dog is not active for this past week but before that is us highly active. My son doesn't'the want his dog to suffer and because the vet said he probably will only live a short time he is thinking of putting his dog to sleep tomorrow. His dog is drinking water and recognizes all of us. Please is it really possible for a dog that has always been happy and active in only a week can be dying . My grandchildren are terribly upset as we all are. Please I just think it might be something from the garbage not cancer in this time period.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

It is unlikely that something that he ate from the garbage could be confused with a diffuse cancer spread throughout the body.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Were the x-rays of his chest?