Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 13 yr. old chocolate lab eat two Beef Bully chew sticks

Customer Question

My 13 yr. old chocolate lab eat two Beef Bully chew sticks yesterday along with 1/2 a rawhide bone....He was up most of night with diahrera and I notice today there is blood in his stool which is getting to the point of more blood than stool. I have fed him some rice which he eat with no hesitation. I can get him to his vet tomorrow morning. Do you think this is more urgent and I should get him to the nearest vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your older guy. Is he having any vomiting? Is he acting weak or distressed? If you weren't seeing his stools like this, would you say he's acting the same?