Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 9 month old lab just chewed a tube of Tazorac cream.

Customer Question

My 9 month old lab just chewed a tube of Tazorac cream. harmful??? Should i induce vomiting?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am sorry to hear what happened . My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Did he just chew it, or did he actually eat the tube?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am doing research, and am not finding much about this drug in dogs. It seems to be pretty safe from what I can find, so if he only chewed the tube and got a little of it I am not too worried. I will continue to research.

If he got the entire tube, then I might consider inducing vomiting just to be safe, if he got it in the last hour or so.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

More research, veterinary dermatolgists are using this to treat dogs with a skin condition called actinic dermatitis, and so those dogs would probably lick and ingest some of the medication, and there are no reports of problems with that . So, if he only chewed the tube, I would probably no induce vomiting if he were mine.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what else I can research for you, and how he is doing. Kindly consider rating my answer so the website knows to credit me for helping you. Rebecca

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not watching him as he chewed it! I am sure, as it was chewed, he ingested the contents as I am unsure how he could not. I researched as much as I possibly could on line, and pretty much came up with the same information. This site charged me $20 for this answer. I am not !00 % satisfied and DO NOT want to be charged. I mean no disrespect.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I was worried because I wondered if he had actually eaten the tube itself, which would be more concerning than the medication. I am glad to see you found the information you needed. Rebecca