Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I came I this afternoon and noticed my dog had had several

Customer Question

I came I this afternoon and noticed my dog had had several poop accidents in the house. After this, She was shaking and I noticed drool hanging on the side of her mouth. She then vomited a little spot of clear Liquid with some white stuff in it. She didn't eat her dry food for dinner. Later then I noticed she had several diaherra episodes throughout the night. She is letting me know when she needs to go out. She has been drinking a lot of water throughout the night. I am wondering if there is something I can do to help her until the vet's office opens this morning?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am so sorry your dog is experiencing this. Unfortunately her signs are vague and I am not sure I could pinpoint the exact problem - it could range from ingestion of unusual item to organ issue (liver, kidney) to pancreatitis to infection (viral, bacterial, fungal) and the list continues.

The best thing you can do until morning is to keep her water available and encourage her to drink to keep up her hydration. Because she is nauseated if you have Pepcid AC (famotidine) then you could administer this. The dose depends on her weight; let me know how much she weighs. It can help settle her stomach a bit. If you have peptobismol liquid you may give 1 cc (1ml = 1 cc) which will not hurt and might help.