Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has 5 sores on her head they are dry and crusty about

Customer Question

My dog has 5 sores on her head they are dry and crusty about the size of a pea and when I spread the hair to look at it looks like little black scabs around and when I rubbed it hair came out with little black scabs on hair started to bleed
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long have these been present?

Are they itchy for Cupid?

When did you last treat for fleas? What brand did you use?

Is the hair falling out over these lesions?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paperclip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.