Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog's eye is grey. He gad cataract surgery in May and

Customer Question

My dog's brown eye is grey. He gad cataract surgery in May and receives declofenac drops once a day. However, I forgot to give the drops for about 3 days. Can I wait until morning to take him to the vet? He is sleeping.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had cateract surgery, not "gad."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diclofenac.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

The "grey" you're seeing is likely to represent corneal edema which the diclofenac would address by reducing inflammation in the cornea. If post-op inflammation remains, his corneal apparance doesn't indicate an urgent visit to the vet. If the inflammation is due to glaucoma, instead, it does represent an urgent visit to the vet. It can be difficult differentiating post-op inflammation from glaucoma without measuring his intraocular pressure although glaucoma should be quite painful and BJ would be squinting (blepherospasm), pawing at the eye, and the eye would likely be tearing. Are you seeing any indications of pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the emergency department at Penn Vet now. Thank you.

Oh my. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. My best to BJ.