Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My puppy got neutered today and now,s belly is a little pink

Customer Question

My puppy got neutered today and now,his belly is a little pink and there is a small amount of blood around the incision. Is this normal and safe?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am happy to help you with Bear this evening. A small amount of blood from the incision is normal the day of surgery. You just do not want to see large amounts of blood, dripping blood is to much bleeding. The pink on the belly could be from surgery itself and prepping the area so watch closely over the next couple days as long as it does not worsen. It should improve. Have him seen if he starts dripping blood or if any large amount of bruising or swelling occurs. Otherwise a small amount of blood is ok and is safe. Keep him calm and quiet as to much activity will increase the amount of bleeding and swelling.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!