Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I Have a 11 year old Blue Healer. she was stumbling around

Customer Question

I Have a 11 year old Blue Healer. she was stumbling around Saturday acting Blind. Now she is constantly walking around whining and Drinking water like crazy. what could be wrong with Her. Please Help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry to hear Keilo is showing these symptoms.

My primary concern is diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA, CLICK HERE for more information) with the history you have included which does require emergency intervention to treat. Other possibilities include a urinary tract infection, kidney disease, cushing's disease, liver changes so bloodwork is warranted to rule out the potential causes.

If there is any chance that this is DKA then please get her to a veterinarian asap. There is no home remedy and does require aggressive therapy to control and ensure her health and safety.

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Keilo. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman