Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Cost on small dog

Customer Question

cost for cataract on small dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online and wanted to help.

Now this can vary by location, by vet practice (whether you are having this done at a vet school, a referral center, or if your practice has an in house specialist to do this), and how straight forward the operation is for Lola. That said, generally speaking, this tends to cost between $3000-5000 (AUD). Though this often includes the preliminary examination, ERG and ultrasound examinations (to make sure the eye is still functional and will have sight after the cataract is removed), hospitalization, initial medications, surgery, anesthesia, and post operative visits with the vet. So, you may want to check your local options for this to see if you can keep costs down while getting Lola help.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )