Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My doggy is having stomach spasms every 2 seconds or so, her

Customer Question

My doggy is having stomach spasms every 2 seconds or so, her tummy is hard and she seems to have a fever, we had her boarded for a week and picked her up 3days ago, at which time they gave her all the shots she needed Parvo rabies etc. She started getting ill today really bad, I'm thinking maybe she's having a bowel restriction, I haven't seen her go potty, and also she is very lackadaisical. Any thoughts?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you give me an update on how Taylor is doing?

2- Is she eating and drinking?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's still the same, she is just drinking water but not eating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her tummy is still sparing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant spasing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any thing I should Do?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- Is she like contracting her abdominal muscle periodically, is this what you are seeing as spasm?

2- Is she waking any different?

3- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its almost like she is convulsing or shaking from cold but has been non stop since yesterday. about every two seconds.
She seems dazed or just out of it. She is drinking water here and there but doesn't want food and has not had any kind of bowel movement. No coughing or vomiting. Her stomach and tongue are hot to the touch like she has a bad fever.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

2- Is she walking any different?

3- Can you take her rectal temperature?