Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I gave my 15 lb dog 2 25 mg of benadryl. I did not read

Customer Question

Hello I gave my 15 lb dog 2 25 mg of benadryl. I did not read instructions right. Will she be at risk of of?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Luckily benadryl has a very wide margin of safety and she should be just fine. She will sleep well tonight and monitoring her closely for responsiveness the next 4-8 hours is advised as a precaution but she should be back to normal by morning

If you note that she is not as responsive as she should be overnight then please consider a veterinary er. Just as with people some pets can be more sensitive to certain medications so knowing what to monitor for is key. But in general this shouldn't be an issue for your little one overnight.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is your little one doing since you asked your question? I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! I am online another 30 minutes tonight to assist you

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!