Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog got into a fight and my brother kicked m and now when

Customer Question

My dog got into a fight and my brother kicked him and now when I squeeze on his left side he cries
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

In most cases such as with poor Gunnar, this is merely bruising and is painful due to inflammation. Check Gunnars gums to see if they are pink or white. This type of blow can cause hemmorhage of the spleen or liver and cause pain. If his gums are pink, this is most likely bruising and this will respond to aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs with food. Do this for a few days, and if he is feeling better, that is all you will need to do.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gunnar. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta