Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

How much will it cost to get a tumor removed?

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Where is the tumor located and size?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It on her breast only one. size of golf ball..maybe a little smaller..
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, prices vary tremendously between veterinary clinics. The cost involved removing a tumor of the mammary gland can be expensive because of the preanesthetic blood work, xrays of the chest, anesthesia, surgical procedure, post op meds, biopsy, etc. You are looking around $1,200-1,500 dollars. The best option is getting a written estimate from the veterinary clinic that will be doing the procedure.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!